What data we will collect?
In order for you to become a member of Horsforth Harriers we will need to collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number and email address. Your details will be passed to England Athletics in order for them to be able to register you, if applicable, and in order for us to email you. You may also choose to provide England Athletics with other information such as emergency contact details on your online user profile.
Uses of your data
We collect and process your data on the basis of legitimate Harriers’ interests which are as follows:-
- Registering you with England Athletics.
- Keeping you informed about club events and activities, race and competition results and providing you with information about third party races or running related events which we think you may find interesting.
- Sharing your data with club captains and/or team managers for entering events and with leagues and other competition organisers for entry into events.
- Notifying you of club related news items and any important issues that would impact upon our club or individual members.
- Advising you of discounted running related products that would be of interest to members.
- Analysing and reporting upon club membership trends.
Sharing data with third parties.
Other than registering your personal data with England Athletics, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties, other than the minimum required to qualify our tenure with our sports club landlord, Horsforth Community Sports Association.
Horsforth Harriers use of social media
Private Facebook groups are set up in the name of Horsforth Harriers and are only accessible to Harriers’ members. These pages are regulated by the Horsforth Harriers’ Membership Secretary to ensure that the contents are both appropriate and that the pages are in compliance with GDPR.
How long we will keep your data?
We will retain your data for such time as you are an registered with us and will then delete your information within two years of your membership lapsing.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:-
- to access a copy of the data which we hold in relation to you
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified
All of the personal data we collect from you will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the principles detailed below:-
- The England Athletics online portal forms the main data repository for athletics information for the club. Access to these data is limited to the club Secretary and Membership Secretary only.
- Membership application forms will be deleted once a person has become a member of Horsforth Harriers.
- Club officials or those with delegated responsibility, eg Harriers’ race organisers, club captains and/or team managers, may from time to time email groups of members in order to help with organisation. In all these cases the email BCC functionality will be used in order to hide the email addresses of all other recipients within the group.
Registration for events hosted by Horsforth Harriers
In order to register for an event hosted by Horsforth Harriers, an individual is required to give contact information such as name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address and running club membership. Horsforth Harriers uses this information to produce event results and to contact the registrants about the event and also future Horsforth Harriers’ race events.
Event registration is usually completed via a 3rd party, such as bookitzone.com. Please view their corresponding privacy statements for more information.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how Horsforth Harriers collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact the Harriers’ Membership Secretary, Steve Wood, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by Horsforth Harriers, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)
COLLECTION OF DATA
We may collect personal contact information from you, for example, if you send an email. If you want your information removed from our data base, then please get in touch.
We do not carry out market research nor disclose this data to any third parties.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE
Horsforth Harriers uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
When using this web site our web server automatically logs certain information such as the name of your ISP, the IP address of the computer you are using, type of browser and operating system, the date and time you access this site and any internet address from which you linked directly to this site. We use this information to analyse user behaviour and track referrals.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
We cannot be held responsible for the content on external sites.